Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Firewood












A couple days ago, I got a return call from a guy who had posted an ad on Craigslist for some free firewood. He is in the tree cutting business and wanted to find someone to take the wood away after he finishes a job. So I was the lucky candidate, and all I had to do was drop everything, hook up my trailer, drive 35 miles, help load up a little less than a cord of firewood, completely demolish my trailer's footjack on the way out of the driveway, and store the wood up in my shed for use next year. Now all we need is a wood-burning stove. Soon.

The pictures in this post are of Em and me enjoying the first eggs from our chickens, the first load of firewood I ever got, the chicken coop I built (er...am still in the process of building), our attempt at making boston creme donuts at home, the doghouse I am DEFINITELY still in the process of building, a load of free pallets I scored from the local Ace Hardware, a video of my daughter helping move firewood, a picture of the goathouse I built, and a picture of my son being the cutest thing on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment