Thursday, July 23, 2009

Roller Coaster

Life has been a very wild roller coaster ride lately. There have been such ups and downs, highs and lows. We are going back to court regarding child custody. Emily has been hired for her first job as a graphic designer. We are getting out of the Marine Corps and going after a new life and new challenges, but we are going to be taking a 70% pay cut and moving across the country. We are looking for a house to buy. I am 90% certain I have a job when we get to Georgia. Our babies are growing and they're very cute! I was talking with my dad on the phone telling him about some of the challenges we're facing right now, and he told me about a survey he read about in which older married couples were asked what the best time in their life was, and they reported that it was when they were young and struggling. I'm sure it's true. Struggling together for a common goal brings joy. Emily and I will always be struggling together for some goal, so we will have to think really hard about what answer to give when we are asked that question as an older couple. I'm grateful to be on God's path for my life. I know that no matter what is happening in my life, it is always really good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment