Friday, May 29, 2009

Bread Again

Cameron says...

I made the Zarathustra Bread again today. This time it turned out much better. I let the wheat sprout longer before grinding it. I don't know if that made a difference or not. I also added more oil to the pan to prevent sticking, but it still stuck a little. It made the bread taste like oil, too. So to avoid this problem in the future, I bought a baking stone. I so excite! I have been wanting one of these for a long time for general baking purposes, and this seemed like the perfect excuse to take the plunge! Last, but not least, I used a rolling pin to smooth out the surface of the bread and even out the thickness. This was more of a cosmetic concern than a taste or nutrition concern, but food is always to be presented well. Nobody wants to eat baked cat puke.

1 comment:

  1. I love my stone, we cook everything on it. I'm considering investing in some stoneware caserole dishes and pans and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete