Saturday, May 23, 2009

Garden

Cameron says...

My garden contains so many plants I can't remember them all right now. Actually, it contains a good number of plants and many seeds that have yet to sprout. I have tomatoes, radishes, beets, carrots, sunflowers, canteloupe, honeydew, strawberries, corn, two kinds of beans, peas, cucumbers, nasturtiums, marigolds, chives, arugula, rosemary, lavender, gerbera daisies, another flower whose name I can't remember, lettuce, spinach, kale, "variety" lettuce, oregano, eggplant, swiss chard, and a fig tree. I ordered three banana trees a couple days ago, and I'm really excited to begin harvesting some yummy tropical fruits in 2012.

DANG CAMERON! YOU HAVE A HUGE GARDEN!

Nope. Actually, my garden measures 134 square feet, which, if it were laid out in a contiguous square space, would measure only 11 ½ x 11 ½ feet. I built my garden and divided it into square foot sections according to instructions provided by another of my good friends, Mel Bartholomew, who wrote the book Square Foot Gardening. Pictures below.







No comments:

Post a Comment